The exact steps to create hand lettered fonts that sell, connect properly and are professionally executed.
There are helpful tutorials online for font making, but a lot of them use language that can get confusing fast. But Teela is speaking the same language here: no confusion, and as straightforward as possible. From one lettering artist to another.
What you'll learn:
- The right materials to use when creating your lettering for font creation
- Scanning + vectorization process with every setting shared
- Editing methods to tidy up your letters in Adobe Illustrator (all keystrokes listed on screen)
- Lettering preparation tips to ensure all script characters connect seamlessly
- How to bring your letters from Illustrator perfectly into the font making software
- How to program all letters to pair and connect well with one another
- Spacing and pairing of numbers, punctuation, symbols and accented characters
- How to offer multilingual support with your font (which will also help to command a higher price for your fonts)
- Programming font features and customizations, including contextual and stylistic alternates, standard and discretionary ligatures
I have just done this course myself and I guarantee it is absolutely amazing! Seriously the best online course I have completed in a long time. Registration is only open this week and spaces are limited, so you want to sign up quickly!
If you have any questions about the course - feel free to send me a message and I'm more than happy to answer anything you'd like to find out :)