Now that Procreate 5 allows dynamic color combinations for brush strokes, let's use this new feature to our advantage! One of the most difficult things when it comes to calligraphy and lettering practice is controlling the amount of pressure to put on your Apple Pencil. It can be hard to tell when to start applying pressure, and when to ease off. But now with these new practice sheets it is getting soooo much easier! They have been set up to be darker in the places where you need to apply more pressure, and lighter when it's time to ease off. This way you are getting even better visual guidance with your lettering practice.
Aaaand - to make it more fun - let's add in some colors too! The practice sheets come in black and white to keep it simple and most visible, but it doesn't mean you have to practice that way too. Why not use the millions of colors we have available on our iPads to see which combinations we like best! This set comes with a color palette with sets of colors to get you started. Choose a color from the top row of the palette as your secondary color, and a color from the bottom row as your primary color.
Practice on your iPad to your heart's content! If you are not happy with your results, you erase your previous attempt and just start again. No more wasted paper and ink :)
These sheets have been made specifically for the iPad Pro (all versions and sizes) but will not work on older iPads.
The files have been setup so that you can turn the visibility of the individual layers on and off to practice as many or as few letters as you like on one page.
For more info - watch the tutorial video!
What you will get:
- 14 Procreate files with a separate layer for every letter of the English alphabet and numbers as follows:
- 1 sheet each with lowercase letters a - e, f - j, k - o, p - t, u - y and z
- 1 sheet each with uppercase letters A - E, F - J, K - O, P - T, U - Y and Z
- 1 sheet each with numbers 0 - 4 and 5 - 9
- 1 color palette with nice color combinations to get you started
- 1 Rainbow practice brush
Please note that these practice sheets only work with the Procreate 5 app. The file format is specifically for Procreate and not for print! Make sure you update to Procreate 5 first :)
- Download the practice sheets zip file from the confirmation email you receive immediately after your purchase
- Unzip the downloaded file
- Open Procreate on your iPad and import the files you'd like to practice with, as well as the brush and the color palette
- Start practicing :)
- Tip: make sure to create a new layer before you start writing so you are not overwriting the original letters
- Another tip: use the primary and secondary colors to create the rainbow effect, try different color combinations from the provided color palette
- Check out the tutorials section where I have added a 'iPadOS13' video that shows how to install and use the practice sheets :)